PUSH MODELS

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

HAPPY HOLIDAYS

There's this on going debate about Happy Holidays vs Merry Christmas, and I hear the readers that gave me flack for saying "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas" and I will break it down for you...

I was raised in a Christian household, and I am very accustomed to saying Merry Christmas vs Happy Holidays. I was in school when they took out "...under God..." in our daily pledge of alligiance, I was there when they stopped our morning prayer, so I know the angst it caused among some parents, children, etc.

I really am very thankful for the time I lived in Los Angeles, (a melting pot of cultures, religions, backgrounds, and races) because it taught me tolerance and acceptance. I have very dear Jewish friends, I have very dear Catholic friends, my family is Baptist, I have friends that are more spiritual, I know people that only celebrate Kwanzaa, some that don't celebrate holidays at all...
I say Happy Holidays to reach the span of my multi religion circle of friends that I care for.

Frankly, it's easier than saying Merry Christmas, Happy Kwanzaa, Happy Hanukka, Feliz Navidad, and the plethora of other winter/year end greetings or salutations there are.
What do YOU say, and why? Email me:
mynparty@yahoo.com.mx or vote on the poll to the right ----->
 
www.google.com/webmasters/sitemaps/ping?sitemap=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mynparty.blogspot.com%2Fsitemap.htm