PUSH MODELS

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

ROCKY POINT'S THIRSTY PARROT $5 SPECIALS

Who knew that a Carribbean restaurant could serve the hands down BEST chiles rellenos I've ever had? (Sorry to that little restaurant in Mexico City...) I had a fabulous late lunch that stuck to my ribs for the rest of the day at the Thirsty Parrot on the Malecon:

It started out with a salad like I've never had, it was fresh, crunchy, and so tasty that it really doesn't even need dressing. It's a refreshing mix of lettuces, corn, black olives, tomatoes, and REAL (and by real I mean it's probably from the wheel, if not a big ol wedge) shaved parmesean cheese. If you toss it up just right, you get the perfect mix of sweet corn, silky olives, juicy tomatoes, and the salty tang of parm cheese. Delish!

The chiles rellenos beat everything I had ever thought about chiles rellenos to shame. I was lunching with Marco, a chilango through and through, and HE gave his #1 stamp of approval, in case you don't believe this gringa...

They were perfectly battered - not too much, not too little and stuffed with cheese. The salsa is what made them, though - it was of course tomato based, with slight nuances of garlic and onion, but you'd really have to savor it (like I did) to even catch it. It was the slightest bit spicy, which gave it the dish a wonderful heat. The poblanos were super fresh and crunchy, the cheese perfectly melted on the inside, the salsa - just yum. All the way around, handz down to the ground, the best chiles rellenos I've ever had. The rice that accompanied it was perfectly cooked, and seasoned so well you could eat it by itself (or I could anyway) and the beans also were so flavourful with a hint of bacon, they just melted in my mouth (though they were refried)

The whole meal was fab, and I can't wait for it to be Monday again - can you believe this great meal only cost me $5?! Neither could I...
 
www.google.com/webmasters/sitemaps/ping?sitemap=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mynparty.blogspot.com%2Fsitemap.htm