PUSH MODELS

Monday, March 2, 2009

ROCKY POINT IS SAFE

Dear MYN reader,

In light of all the bad press we are getting about Puerto Penasco, I’d like to offer my own bit of insight.

I have lived here for 4 years full time. I moved here (on a 2 month vacay) from Los Angeles, and I just never have gone back to the states. I feel safer here than I ever felt in the states. I would not live here if I didn’t. Check out a map of Rocky Point in relation to Nogales, Tijuana, and Ciudad Juarez. If you’ve ever driven to Rocky Point from Tucson or Phoenix, you know it takes 4 hours. Think of it like this: for us, we are 4 hours in ANY direction – north is AZ, east is Nogales, which actually takes like, 6 hours; south is Hermosillo, west is Mexicali.

The border crossing at Lukeville is almost laughable. There are 3 lanes, 2 of which are hardly EVER open. On the Sonotya side, there are 2. One of which is hardly ever open…it’s the easiest border crossing there is. It’s also one of the few that close!

Penasco is still a safe haven to (quietly) enjoy the beach, a pool somewhere, or the Malecon without worry of hassle or hustle (save for Mayan Palace OPC’s and kids with chicle)

Take into consideration the population of Americans here, as well. We just wouldn’t live here if it wasn’t safe. Yes, if you are in the drug business or are looking for it, you might get mixed up in the riffraff, but is that not true in ANY city in ANY country on the planet??

I’ll get off my soap box now; just know that Rocky Point IS safe!

 
www.google.com/webmasters/sitemaps/ping?sitemap=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mynparty.blogspot.com%2Fsitemap.htm