PUSH MODELS

Thursday, February 26, 2009

MARTIN FROM THIRSTY PARROT SAYS...

Hilariousness of the week + word of the week

So I was at the Thirsty Parrot the other day (surprised? You shouldn’t be) and I was chatting with Martin, (best bartender in RP according to Mexico Living Mag) and we were talking about people in general; humans, really. Those deep thought provoking convers that a loner usually has with a bartender, ya know?

One particular person came up in the conversation, and without any emotional attachment involved, he said, “They looked raggedy” Now, if you don’t know me, I’m one of the queens of using ghetto, slang, and sometimes my very own made up words to describe things. When Martin eloquently used the word raggedy, I nearly fell off the bar stool laughing my arse off.
For those of you who may not know, raggedy is a term used to describe women mostly; women that have disheveled hair, no makeup and loose, baggy, or otherwise frumpy clothes on from 10 years ago. Dirty fingernails are optional.


When he described the person in question as raggedy, that’s exactly how that person is.
Ok, now that I’ve explained it and re-read it, I assume you’d have had to have been there for it to be as funny as it was to me. At least I’ve gotten subsequent laughs from it!
 
www.google.com/webmasters/sitemaps/ping?sitemap=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mynparty.blogspot.com%2Fsitemap.htm